The latest stats from Move (parent of Realtor®.com) show the housing market continuing to improve — better in some places than others.
- June inventory was down by 19.4% compared to a year ago, and inventory dropped in 143 out of 146 markets.
- The inventory age dropped by almost 10%.
- List prices were up about 2.7%.
Keep in mind that these are national numbers, so your mileage may vary. Some settling of contents may occur. So let’s look at Move’s local numbers, which are usually different
- Roanoke, for example, saw prices drop 2.8% from last year, while listings dripped 17.5%.
- The Norfolk-Virginia Beach-Newport News area had prices down about 2.0%, while listings were down 21.5%.
- The Virginia side of the Washington, D.C., area had prices up 6.6% and inventory down 17% — oddly, prices on the Maryland side of the District were up 14%.
- Richmond’s prices were up about 3.5%; inventory was down almost 26%.